12th November 2018 Current Affairs in One Line
The One line Current Affairs section of teachallrounder.com aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like 33rd ASEAN Summit, National Education Day and Global Cooling Innovation Summit among others.
1. The 33rd edition of the ASEAN Summit began on November 11, 2018 at Suntec Singapore Convention Centre, Singapore. The opening ceremony of the summit will take place on November 13, 2018. Lee Hsien Loong, Prime Minister of Singapore, is the Chairman of this year’s Summit.
2. Goa announced a ban on import of fishes for six months. The decision was taken against the backdrop of a scare in the coastal state that formalin, a potential cancer-causing chemical, was being used to preserve fishes.
3. Central Government declared November 11, the birth anniversary of Maulana Abul Kalam Azad, as National Education Day. Abul Kalam Azad was a freedom fighter, eminent educationist and the first Union Minister of Education.
4.The Supreme Court recently approved a separate High Court for Andhra Pradesh and it will start functioning from January 1, 2019. It will be the 25th high court in the country and will initially function from a temporary structure till the permanent building comes up in the Justice City complex, Amaravati.
5.In Bhubaneswar, the Odisha government rolled out the technology-driven and citizen-friendly ‘Mo bus’ service featuring free wi-fi, CCTV surveillance, public information display system and on board announcements in the city.
6. The tenure of the Lok Sabha Secretary General, Snehlata Shrivastava, has been extended by Speaker Sumitra Mahajan for one year. Snehlata, who is 1982-batch retired IAS officer of the Madhya Pradesh cadre, was appointed last year in rank and status of a Cabinet Secretary. She was scheduled to retire on November 30.
7. The Public Service Broadcasting Day was observed across India on November 12, 2018. The day is observed every year to commemorate the first and last visit of the Father of the Nation Mahatma Gandhi to the studio of All India Radio, Delhi in 1947.
8.A statue commemorating the role of Indian soldiers in World War I was unveiled on November 11, 2018 in the town of Laventie, France to mark the end of the First World War in 1918. The memorial commemorates over 4,700 soldiers and laborers from British India who lost their lives on the Western Front during World War I and have no known graves.
9. The Global Cooling Innovation Summit was inaugurated by Union Environment Minister Harsh Vardhan on November 12, 2018 in New Delhi. While speaking at the event, the Union Minister announced the launch of the Global Cooling Prize, an international competition to incentivise the development of a residential cooling technology that will have five times less climate impact in comparison to the standard Room Air Conditioning (RAC) units sold currently.
10. World leaders gathered in Paris on November 11, 2018 to lead the global commemorations to mark 100 years since the end of the First World War The occasion saw around 70 leaders come together including US President Donald Trump and Russian President Vladimir Putin to mark the centenary of the 1918 Armistice in the French capital.
11. The 25th edition of SIMBEX, “Singapore-India Maritime Bilateral Exercise” is scheduled to be held from November 10- 21, 2018 in the Andaman Sea and the Bay of Bengal.The 2018 edition marks the silver jubilee of SIMBEX. To mark the historical occasion, the navies of both nations are undertaking exercises over an extended geography.
12.The Goa government on November 10, 2018 announced a ban on import of fish into the state for six months. The move comes against the backdrop of a scare in the coastal state that formalin, a potential cancer-causing chemical, was being used to preserved fish.