SSC CGL 2018 Eligibility Criteria
All the candidates who are preparing to appear in SSC Exam must follow the eligibility criteria carefully. A small mistake can make a lot difference to their life. Here we have provided eligibility criteria for all the candidates. So, you must note down it carefully. This eligibility criteria is as per latest SSC Notification.
As by the Exam name (CGL- Combined Graduate Level) you know that it is a exam for the candidates who are possessing Graduate degree in of the stream from recognized institute. Additional qualification for the same will be provided as soon as the official notification will arrive. Till then you must check this page regularly for Staff Selection Commission latest updates.
CGL 2018 Age Limit:
SSC had made changes in the minimum and maximum age limit from the past years. SSC has notified that upper age limit will be 30 years and minimum age limit is 20 years.
- Old age limit 18-27 years
- New age limit 20-30 years
SSC CGL Exam:
As I told you above candidate must go through four phases that is Tier-1, Tier-2, Tier-3 and Tier-4 Exam. Now I am discussing it briefly.
SSC CGL Tier-1 Exam Detail
SSC CGL 2018 Tier I examination will be 1-hour long examination with a total of 200 marks. The whole question paper will be divided into 4 sections:
|S.No.||Section Name||No. Of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|1.||General Intelligence & Reasoning||25||50|
- The Tier I of SSC CGL 2018 will be a computer-based test (CBT).
- Negative Marking: 1/2 (0.50) marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
General Intelligence & Reasoning
Tier I of SSC CGL 2018 syllabus will consist of the following major topics.
- Semantic Analogy, Symbolic/Number Analogy, Figural Analogy.
- Semantic Classification, Symbolic/Number Classification, Figural Classification.
- Semantic Series, Number Series, Figural Series.
- Problem Solving.
- Word Building.
- Coding & decoding.
- Numerical Operations, symbolic Operations.
- Trends, Space Orientation, Space Visualization.
- Venn Diagrams, Drawing inferences.
- Punched hole/pattern –folding & unfolding.
- Figural Pattern – folding and completion.
- Address matching.
- Date & city matching.
- Classification of center codes/roll numbers.
- Small & Capital letters/numbers coding, decoding, and classification.
- Embedded Figures.
- Critical thinking.
- Emotional Intelligence.
- Social Intelligence, Other sub-topics, if any.
- Current events/affairs.
- Economic Scene.
- General Policy.
- Scientific Research.
Questions on above topics are asked with respect to India and The World. However, more preference is given to India.
- Whole numbers, decimals, fractions and relationships between numbers.
- Ratio & Proportion.
- Square roots.
- Profit and Loss, Discount, Partnership Business.
- Mixture and Alligation.
- Time and distance.
- Time & Work.
- Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra & Elementary surds.
- Graphs of Linear Equations.
- Triangle and its various kinds of centers, Congruence, and similarity of triangles.
- Circle and its chords, tangents, angles subtended by chords of a circle, common tangents to two or more circles.
- Quadrilaterals, Regular Polygons.
- Right Prism, Right Circular Cone, Right Circular Cylinder, Sphere, Hemispheres, Rectangular Parallelepiped, Regular Right Pyramid with a triangular or square base.
- Trigonometric ratio.
- Degree and Radian Measures, Standard Identities, Complementary angles.
- Heights and Distances.
- Frequency polygon.
- Bar diagram & Pie chart.
Candidates’ ability to understand correct English, his basic comprehension, and writing ability, etc. would be tested.
SSC CGL Tier-2 Exam Detail
This is good news for all candidates that there is No change in the Exam Pattern. Only change is the mode of exam from Offline to Computer based Exam.
- Tier II of SSC CGL 2018 will also be a Computer-based test, similar to Tier I. The Exam is divided into 4 papers, where:
- The paper I and Paper II are Compulsory for all posts.
- Paper III is meant only for the post of Statistical Investigation.
- Paper IV is meant for the post of Assistant Audit Officer.
Subjects Number of Questions Marks Paper-I: Quantitative Ability 100 200 Paper-II: English Language and Comprehension 200 200
A deduction of ¼ marks is made in the case of Paper II for wrong answers, while it is ½ marks in case of Paper
Subjects Number of Questions Marks Paper III: Statistics 100 200 Paper IV: General Studies (Finance and Economics) 100 200
SSC CGL Tier-3 Exam Detail
SSC CGL Tier 3 Exam Pattern 2018 :-
|SSC Tier III||Maximum Marks||Time Duration|
|Descriptive Paper in English /Hindi||100||1 Hour|
SSC CGL Tier-4 Exam Detail
This exam is proficiency & Document Verification, candidates have to show their real knowledge apart from bookish knowledge.
|SSC Tier IV||Time Duration||Syllabus|
|Computer Proficiency Test (CPT) for post of Assistant Section Officer in CSS & MEA only||45 Minutes||Word/Excel/ Power Point|