UPSC IFS Syllabus 2018
In this article, we provide IFS 2018 Syllabus & pattern. Those candidates who want to check and download IFS 2018 Syllabus & pattern can check our web page. The exam pattern is given clearly in this article. So, the candidates who have applied for UPSC IFS examination can download the IFS Syllabus & Exam Pattern here.
Also See ; UPSC ESE Exam Syllabus 2018
UPSC IFS Syllabus 2018 is as Follows:
Prelims examination of IFS compiled with Civil Services. The exam will be commenced in two different stages such as:
- Stage I– Civil Services Preliminary Examination
- Stage II- Indian Forest Service Main Examination
IFS Prelims Exam pattern
|Paper I||General Studies||English & Hindi||100 Qns||200 Marks||2 Hours|
|Paper II||General Ability or Aptitude||English & Hindi||80 Qns||200 Marks||2 Hours|
|Total||180 Qns||400 Marks||4 Hours|
Paper- I: General Knowledge
General Knowledge: – The current event of National & International importance, History of India & Indian national movement, India & world geography, Indian polity & governance, Economic and social development, General Science.
|Indian and World Geography.||Indian Polity and Governance.|
|Current Event of National and International importance.||History of India and Indian National Movement.|
|General Issues on Environmental Ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change.||Economic and Social Development.|
Paper – II: General Studies
|Logical Reasoning and Analytical Ability.||Decision Making and Problem Solving.|
|Comprehension.||Basic Numeracy, Data Interpretation.|
|Interpersonal Skills including Communication Skills.||General Mental Ability|
List of Optional Subjects
- Agricultural Engineering
- Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
This combination of subjects is not allowed
- Agriculture and Forestry.
- Chemistry and Chemical Engg.
- Mathematics and Statistics.
- Agriculture and Agricultural Engg.
- Agriculture and Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science.
- Of the Engineering subjects viz. Agricultural Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering and Mechanical Engineering- not more than one subject.
IFS Main Exam Pattern 2018:
|Paper-III||Any two subjects which are selected by the candidate from the list
of the optional subjects.
|Each subject will have
two papers, 200 marks
for each paper.
General English Syllabus
General English syllabus: – Essay & passages to write the summary, The standard level of papers in General English, General knowledge is designed for a science or engineering graduate of an Indian university. Other questions will be designed to test general understanding of English and everyday use of words.
- The English paper would consist of an essay and passages to write the summary.
- Other questions are to test general understanding of English and everyday use of words.
- The standard level of papers in General English and General Knowledge are for a Science or Engineering graduate of an Indian University.
Optional subjects: – Agriculture, Agricultural Engineering, Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, chemistry, Chemical engineering, civil engineering, forestry, geology, Mathematics, Mechanical engineering, Physics, statistics, zoology. UPSC is an organization which conducts the various exams for the recruitment of various vacant posts like IAS, IPS, IFS and other. To settle their future in this department most of the candidates take part in this exam.
- Agricultural Engineering.
- Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science.
- Chemical Engineering.
- Civil Engineering.
- Mechanical Engineering.
|Personality Test||300 Marks|