SSC CHSL Exam 2018
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has released the SSC CHSL 2017-18 recruitment notification for the post of Lower Divisional Clerk (LDC)/ Junior Secretariat Assistant (JSA), Postal Assistant/ Sorting Assistant (PA/SA) and Data Entry Operator(DEO).
SSC CHSL Eligibility Criteria
As by the Exam name (Combined Higher Secondary Level (10+2)) you know that it is a exam for the candidates who are possessing 12th Qualification in any stream from recognized board. Additional qualification for the same mentioned below.on.
|Posts Name||Education Qualification|
|Lower Division Clerk/ Junior Secretariat Assistant||12TH Pass in any Stream|
|Postal Assistant/ Sorting Assistant||12th Pass in any stream|
|Data Entry Operators (DEOs)||12th Standard pass in Science stream with Mathematics|
CGL 2018 Age Limit:
- Old age limit 18-28 years
- New age limit 18-27 years
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern
As I told you above candidate must go through three phases that is CBE (Tier-I), Descriptive Paper (Tier-II) and Typing Test/ Skill Test (Tier-III). Now I am discussing it briefly.
SSC CHSL Tier I Exam Pattern & Syllabus
The Tier-I paper will be objective type. There will be 100 questions for which Candidates will get 60 minutes.
|Subject||Questions||Maximum Marks||Total Duration|
|General Intelligence||25||50||60 Minutes.|
|English Language (Basic)||25||50|
|Quantitative Aptitude (Basic Arithmetic Skill)||25||50|
General Intelligence & Reasoning
Tier I of SSC CHSL 2018 syllabus will consist of the following major topics.
- Semantic Analogy.
- Symbolic operations.
- Symbolic/ Number Analogy.
- Figural Analogy.
- Space Orientation.
- Semantic Classification.
- Venn Diagrams.
- Symbolic/Number Classification.
- Drawing inferences.
- Figural Classification.
- Punched hole/pattern-folding & unfolding.
- Semantic Series.
- Indian Constitution.
- Science – Inventions & Discoveries.
- Budget and Five Year Plans.
- Important Financial & Economic News.
- Geography of India & Gujarat.
- Scientific Research.
- India and its neighboring countries.
- Knowledge of Current Events.
- General Politics.
- Economy, Banking, and Finance.
- Countries & Capitals.
- Particular reference to Rajasthan State.
- Number Systems.
- Computation of the Whole Number.
- Decimal and Fractions.
- The Relationship between numbers Fundamental arithmetical operations:
- Percentages, Ratio and Proportion, Square roots, Averages
- Interest (Simple and Compound), Profit and Loss
- Discount, Partnership Business
- Mixture and Allegation
- Time and distance
- Time and work.
- Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra and Elementary surds (simple problems)
- Graphs of Linear Equations.
- Triangle and its various kinds of centers
- Congruence and similarity of triangles
- Circle and its chords, tangents, angles subtended by chords of a circle
- Common tangents to two or more circles.
- Triangle, Quadrilaterals, Regular Polygons
- Circle, Right Prism, Right Circular Cone
- Right Circular Cylinder, Sphere, Hemispheres
- Rectangular Parallelepiped
- Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square Base.
- Trigonometry, Trigonometric ratios
- Complementary angles
- Height and distances (simple problems only) Standard Identities like sin20 + Cos20=1 etc.,
- STATISTICAL CHARTS:
- Use of Tables and Graphs: Histogram, Frequency polygon, Bar diagram, Pie-chart.
- Spot the Error.
- Fill in the Blanks.
- Spellings/ Detecting Mis-spelt words.
- Improvement of Sentences.
- Active/ Passive Voice of Verbs.
- Idioms & Phrases, One-word substitution.
- Conversion into Direct/Indirect narration.
- Shuffling of Sentences in a passage.
- Cloze Passage.
- Shuffling of Sentence parts.
- Comprehension Passage.
SSC CHSL Tier II Exam Pattern & Syllabus
There will be a Descriptive Paper (1 Essay & 1 Letter) in SSC CHSL Tier II Exam. You can start your exam with any of the following sections given in the below table.
|Sections||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks|
Note: Minimum Qualifying Marks in this exam is 33%. Marks of this exam will be calculated in preparing the final list of qualified students.
SSC CHSL Tier-3 Exam Detail
The Tier 3 of SSC CGL Exam 2018 comprises of a couple of skill tests which are required for certain government posts.
Skill Test for Data Entry Operator(DEO):
• Data Entry Speed of 8,000 (eight thousand) Key Depressions per hour on Computer.
• The duration of the Test will be 15 (Fifteen) minutes .
Typing Test for Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistant LDCs and Court Clerks:
• Typing Test will be conducted in English or Hindi and candidates while applying for the Examination, will have to indicate his/her choice/option for Skill Test Medium in the Application Form.
• Typing Test will be of qualifying in nature.
• It will be administered on the Computer, to be provided by the Commission or any agency authorized by the Commission.
• Candidates opting for English medium should have typing speed of 35 words per minute.
• Candidates opting for Hindi medium should have typing speed of 30 words per minute.
• The speed will be adjudged on the accuracy of typing on the Computer of a given text passage in 10 minutes.
• Visually Handicapped candidates (with 40% disability and above) will be allowed 30 minutes.
Note: After skill test or typing test, those candidates who qualify it, will be appointed based on their position in the merit list.